Monday, July 30, 2007

Chantix

I've heard that Chantix has a pretty good success rate, so I'm giving it a try along with some anti-anxiety medication my doctor prescribed to help take the edge off.

I always crack up at those commercials on TV for medication and the side effects. It's like some drug for toenail fungus and the side effects are vomiting, diarrhea, headaches, strokes and heart attacks. I'm thinking I'd just live with the toenail fungus!

The side effects of Chantix that are most common are nausea and crazy dreams. You have to take the pills with a full meal and a glass of water. This is an issue for me, because I don't eat breakfast. This morning I took my daughter to Mickey D's and had a steak, egg and cheese bagel. So far so good on the nausea, but at this rate I'll weigh 200 pounds when I'm done!

The crazy dream thing has me a little concerned, so we'll see how that goes. Sleep is a Major priority in my life, so I hope these dreams don't mess with my beauty rest!

OK, an hours up, so I have to go smoke. Chantix works by blocking the brains absorption of nicotine, so you continue to smoke for the first week, but you don't get any nicotine. So, this is the actual withdrawal portion of the program.

No comments: