Monday, July 30, 2007

Today's The Day!

After 25 years of being a smoker, I am finally ready to call it quits. This blog will be my online diary of the entire experience and will also keep my hands busy!

I've spent the last week getting ready for today by cutting back on smoking and playing little mind games with myself. I found out that I am not really even aware of how much I smoke and sometimes chain smoke...like in the car and when I'm gabbing on the phone. Those would be my big triggers.

Over the last seven days, I've been pacing myself to one cigarette an hour. It hasn't been easy, but I've been pretty successful at it. I've also made myself only smoke standing up and only smoke with my left hand. I can't do anything else while I'm smoking, like read or talk on the phone. I'm so bad that I was chatting with a girlfriend when my hour was up, so I told her I'd have to call her back!

Only two people know that I am quiting. One is a friend that has been wanting to quit also and another is a friend who started on Chantix a few weeks ago.

This blog will be my support group where I can vent away. Buckle your seatbelts because it's going to be a bumpy ride! :)

No comments: