Friday, August 10, 2007

Sometimes The Truth Hurts

I picked up my daughter from camp today.

"Mom," she said. "I can't wait to tell C that you quit smoking."

C is a little friend of hers that lives around the block. They play together occasionally.

"Why would C care that I quit?" I asked her.

"Because C has a bookmark that says "Smokers are Losers" and I can't wait to tell her that you're not a loser anymore" was her reply.

Ouch. I've been a loser for 25 years.

One month of Chantix with co-pay $40
Gum, mints and assorted chocolates $5
Becoming a real role model for my daughter = Priceless

What other motivation could I possibly need?

1 comment:

maggie said...

Sometimes kids are just so stinking smart, aren't they? So many people tried telling me that same thing when I was 12 and started smoking, but I thought it was actually somehow "cool" to be a "loser." No it's taken me 23 years to finally undo it. You are doing such an awesome thing!