Monday, August 6, 2007

Keeping Secrets

I haven't told many people that I am quitting smoking. Just two girlfriends.

I haven't told my husband because I don't want to disappoint him. I know how much he wants me to quit, but I really want to quit for myself. Does that make sense?

You know those people that go on a diet, lose 2 pounds, and reward themselves with a hot fudge sundae? Then, they go on a different diet, lose 3 pounds, and then quit because it's just too hard.

I don't want to be one of those people. When I quit, I'm done. In the past I've even been too afraid to try quitting. Just thinking about it would stress me out enough that I needed a cigarette. I have issues, I tell ya!

I just read a great little saying on a message board that really hit home for me.

"I'm one puff away from a pack a day."

That, my dear friends, is my new life motto.

No comments: