Monday, August 6, 2007

Quit Date Set

We took a vote (among me, myself and I) and decided that this Wednesday, August 8th, will be my official quit day. Next year I'll celebrate my one year of being a non smoker on 8/8/08! How cool is that!

I took my first 1 mg dose this morning after a breakfast of 2 eggo's plus a big glass of ice water and I have had no side effects. It's all good!

It really feels weird not telling my husband that I'm taking Chantix. He is my best friend and the one who I lean on, so doing this on my own feels strange. I guess I'll clue him in this weekend, if he doesn't notice first!

4 comments:

maggie said...

I like that, 8/8! You haven't told your husband you are quitting?

Bay in TN said...

Hey! I surfed here through Maggie's blog. My Quit Date is 8/8, too! My sister is also going to try to quit on the same day -- she has never tried to quit and she's not taking Chantix. I don't have the heart to tell her what quitting cold-turkey is like.

We can support each other, OK? We'll make up "8/8 is great" cheers and create 8-centric artwork instead of having a cigarette -- this'll work! Honest!

And I *totally* understand not telling your husband. My husband knows I'm on Chantix, but I *know* that look in his eye that means, "Yeah... you're quittin'... *again*... riiiiiiiiiiight...." We'll show 'em!

Tasina said...

My quit day is 8/8 as well. I hope we all make it!!

exsmoker mom said...

8/8er's unite! We can do this!

Bay, where in TN are you? We're heading down to Fairfield Glade and then over to Pigeon Forge this weekend to visit family.