Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Another Day...Nothing to Say

Two weeks smoke free...Yeah me!

I feel this sense of obligation to my blog. It's like I can't let my blog down by not posting for a day even though nothing much is going on. I am a tad quirky, aren't I?

Urges are less frequent and controllable. The key for me is to keep busy and breath through them.

Also, I've noticed that the honeymoon is over. When I finally broke down and told everyone that I quit, it was high fives and congratulations all around. Now, I'm just expected to stay quit. No one asks how I'm doing with it...it's like it's done and over with. But, I'm still battling every day.

I guess it's one of those things that you don't understand unless you've gone through it.

I'm also finding those "Get Quit" emails from the Chantix people to be a little annoying. Today's said something like, "If you slip up, don't quit quiting". Ummm, I haven't slipped up. Are you giving me permission to? Gee, That's helpful!

OK, I think I sound a little cranky today. I'm not sure who pissed in my cornflakes, but I will work on an attitude adjustment before my next entry. Deal? Deal!

4 comments:

maggie said...

Very good point about how it was a big deal at first, and now that we're doing what we should have been doing all along (not ingesting poison), no one seems to notice. I do get it. The best is yet to come, though, when even we just go about our lives smoke-free as if it ain't nothin' but a thing, too. Keep going!

Homestead Blogging said...

I just read through your blog and enjoyed the read. I'm on my 11th day of not smoking.

Our feelings at this point in the quit are very similar. I too still feel like a smoker who's not smoking. :) But, I guess the point is that I'm not smoking. lol

I'm not having the dreams this time like I have in past quits. I know that people blame it on the Chantix, but I've always went cold turkey before and suffered with the wild dreams and nightmares. I think it's a withdrawal side effect instead of a Chantix side effect. This time I'm not having them, but I do wake up 10-12 times a night.

Well, keep up the strong fight! It sounds like you're doing great!

Sue

exsmoker mom said...

Sue,
It's funny...I just did an update on my blog about the dreams and then I noticed your note!

Congrats on day 11! I think we should all plan some fabulous treat for ourselves when we each hit 30 days. Any ideas?

The Wanderer said...

Who DID piss in your cornflakes?

That is one of the best lines I've heard in a long time and I intend to steal it and make it my own and never give you credit.