Friday, August 3, 2007

New Hobby

Guess what I did tonight? Nope, guess again. No, wrong again! Give up?

I went on a walk. Not a little stroll...a two and a half hour power walk gabfest with one of my non-smoking gal pals. We dished the dirt and trash talked about all of our neighbors and got ourselves a little fresh air and exercise.

That's right...two and a half hours and I thought about having a cigarette once. It was just a thought...not an oh-my-god-I-have-to-have-one-right-now kind of thought, either.

Walking and water. I think those will be two very important aspects of this plan.

On Saturday, my little princess has a three hour soccer round robin scrimmage in preparation for the fall season. Think I can make it for three hours without sneaking back to my car because "I forgot something"?

Send positive vibes my way in the A.M.!

2 comments:

maggie said...

Having a non-smoking walking pal has to be one of the best tools probably just as helpful as the Chantix and water. Add breathing through urges to the mix along with some healthy blogging and blog reading, and you've got my exact quit kit ;) Really, all of those have helped me tremendously and probably damn near equally in their own ways. Yay for you!

The Wanderer said...

You know, eating breakfast actually should increase your metabolism. It's a win-win!

But instead of Mickey D's, try some fairly healthy cereal or a granola bar or some toast.

Good luck! (I'm a Maggie follower... she's the great quit connection.)