Friday, August 17, 2007

On the road again...

It's Friday, so I'm back in the office at work clearing the crap off of my desk, voicemail and e-mail so that we can head up north this afternoon for more fun in the sun.

Regarding the drinking and smoking issue...here's what I have decided:

1. I didn't have a drink last night because I didn't trust myself not to smoke.
2. If I didn't trust myself last night, it's highly unlikely that I will trust myself tonight or tomorrow, either.

Let me tell you a quick little tale about the man I married. When we were packing up last night, I asked him if I should bring beer or Captain Morgans and Coke for him to drink this weekend. He asked what I was drinking and I told him I wasn't and why. He said he wasn't going to drink anything either then.

Don't you just love him? I was a pretty smart chick 18 years ago when I took him off the market!

So, I will designate myself as the responsible adult this weekend and I will behave myself for a change.

I hope. ;)

1 comment:

maggie said...

I think that is super smart of you considering that you know what your level of comfort is and isn't, and that's what matters, whatever the right answer turns out to be. Oh, and yes, sounds like you picked a good one in the husband department, too. I'm sure that you will still have just as much fun as you decide to, and you won't have any hangover issues in the morning, either. Have great time!