Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Questions...

I'm breathing through the cravings and keeping busy to keep my mind off of smoking, but here's the thing...

Are the cravings going to ever stop or will I always feel like a smoker who isn't smoking? Do they become less frequent? Less intense?

I have a bit of a headache right now. I think my brain is going to explode from all of the oxygen I'm taking in!

I also ate a lot today. Too much. But, you know what? It's day one, so I'm going to cut myself a little slack.

I have had zero moodiness today. If anything, I've actually been more patient with my daughter. What's up with that?

It's still all good. And, you know what? This is much easier so far than I ever thought it would be.

2 comments:

maggie said...

Glad your first day is easier than you feared. That's often the case.

Cravings do get less intense and fewer and further between, but that will not likely happen quite today or even tomorrow. It's gradual, but if your experience is like mine, you'll just notice that you breathed through one without thinking and that there just weren't as many the previous day.

I will say this, the little tuggings I get now are not even remotely close to the cravings of the first few days.

Take a look at what I posted on my blog on 8/1 "Snapshots Enroute to Almost Easy (and Pluots)" where I tried to kind of pick out points where it started getting easier.

Know what? It's easier today than when I wrote that post.

And do eat something you like. I'm trying to both indulge a little yet aim for healthier when I feel like it. Right now, that's a separate battle, and as long as I stay a little bit reasonable and keep walking, I probably won't start gaining (haven't yet).

Keep going! You are doing just great!

exsmoker mom said...

Maggie,

You're the best. Thanks again for all of your support!