Friday, August 31, 2007

Are all nonsmokers this stupid?

I've noticed an interesting side effect of quitting smoking/taking Chantix.

For the last few weeks, I have been unable to have a complete thought or remember anything more then my name, rank and serial number.

Seriously, It's like I've swallowed a stupid pill. And I'm afraid it may be a little blue stupid pill.

I'm talking about stuff like going to the movie rental place to return the movies, but realizing after I'm in the store that I forget them at home. Making a list for the grocery store, but still forgetting to buy 10 items on the list because I lost the list 1/2 way through shopping. Missing conference calls and play dates completely. Forgetting to pick up kids for soccer practice. Completely forgetting the names of people I have known for years, so I have resorted to calling everyone "Honey" and "Sweetie" and "What's-His-Name".

It's either early dementia or just a serious case of stupid. I'm just praying that it's temporary and will go away soon!

2 comments:

Jamesr said...

with the way you characterize your alleged experience so emotionally, i'm not so sure you're telling the truth. I'm thinking you're either:

1) being medically assisted because of some pre-existing condition by the nicotine and now you aren't smoking, or

2) you are a shill that wants to see chantix fail because it works.

Sorry for #2, but the stuff is so effective for so many people that doubtless Phillip Morris would pay for some underground sniping of Chantix - it's the logical thing to do isn't it ;)

... said...

jamesr,
You're an idiot. Have a nice day!