Sunday, August 19, 2007

By George, I think I've got it!

We're back home again from a smoke and drink free for me wacky weekend!

We had a ton of fun, but came home stinky and tired. It's been a pretty lazy day of napping and unpacking.

I've noticed one thing that I wanted to note: It's much easier to not smoke when I'm not home. As soon as I walk in the door I want to head out to my little happy place in the garage and light up.

I can go for an entire day with hardly an urge, but as soon as I hit home-sweet-home it hits.

I think I need to run away from home at 41. Either that or move.

Also, I still feel like a smoker who's not smoking.

I made a promise to myself before I even quit that I was going to reward my success. I'm going to call in the morning and schedule a little massage for sometime this week.

'Cause you know what? I deserve it! ;)

3 comments:

The Wanderer said...

Oh god! I had exactly that experience, too. In fact, it led to my still being a smoker (who is huddled in the cold watching all you blogging ex-smokers enjoy a meal in the warm restaurant that is Not Smoking). My plan is to stop smoking in my apartment a month before the next quit.

Good luck!

maggie said...

Yep, it's that whole habit thing for me that can still make it hard sometimes. Massages are the absolute best thing ever, and you do deserve it! I'm still working through the new identity as a non-smoker and making progress most of the time, but for me it wasn't instant and the process isn't completely done yet. As long as I don't smoke, I don't care what I call myself ;) Glad you had a fun weekend!

Bay in TN said...

A massage? What a wonderful little gift to yourself! And you deserve it. I'm glad you had a good weekend, and glad you're still smoke-free. You rock! You're one of those bloggers who really inspire me as I make my way through my *first* day without cigarettes. Thank you!!!